Thoughts and happenings from the Student Ministers at 5:17church.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A new brother!

This is what I’ve been waiting for ever since I became a Christian myself, to be able to witness first hand the Spirit moving in a person to declare Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

In some ways it came as little surprise. I had been meeting to do Christianity Explained with a new guy at Church and after our 4th session he said that things became so clear. With a glint of a tear in his eyes he shared that for the first time he was glad to know that God was sovereign and that things in his life would be taken care of. It was the expression of a profound trust in God.

‘Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee…How great thou art, how great thou art!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty exciting!