Thoughts and happenings from the Student Ministers at 5:17church.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toowong Baptist Young Adults

Last Saturday night I had the chance to head to the Toowong Baptist Young Adults service. A mix from both the English side and Chinese side were in attendance in a cosy room where everyone was seated around small tables.

I ended up speaking from Mark 6:30-52 - the feeding of the 5000 and walking on water (I've previously blogged a summary of my points here). The talk went well and I was quickly reminded that it is quite emotionally and physically taxing to preach. Praise God I was able to get through it and praise God for TBC's youth :)

Next up is BCCC's English service and 1 Corinthians 10:32-11:16 - the infamous passage regarding women and head coverings! Any thoughts on what this passage could possibly mean for Christians today? :)

P.S - my moustache/gotti has come along ok...Andrew ended up piking on me!

2 comments:

LisaM at ThoseHeadcoverings said...

There are scads of thoughts on 1 Cor. 11 on the headcovering and Christians today out there. Scan through some of the articles and links at my blog. ... and be overwhelmed. ;) Seriously though, if you look through the label "Christian" in my sidebar, or the link to the webpage for Those Headcoverings/ Christian (also in the sidebar) you may find some articles of consideration. Many blessings to you.

Steeejei said...

Hi LisaM,

Thank you for your comment! Your blog is quite extensive so I'll be paying close attention to it in the lead up to this sermon on Sunday. I will keep you posted on my end thoughts...